A lip balm is a substance applied to chapped and dried out lips to help moisturise it. Its main ingredient springs from beeswax or carnauba wax. There are a lot of lip balm products in the stores made from a host of chemical and artificial substances that could harm your lips and environment. Making your own homemade lip balm with organic materials are much more beneficial for the health of your lips and gives you full control over what goes on your body and of course, you can get to decide what flavour of lip balm you want.
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil or olive oil
- Shea butter
- ¼ tsp of vitamin E oil
- Peppermint essential oil or any other essential oils
- 1 tsp of a nude coloured lipstick if you want a tint of colour
- 1 tsp of honey
Melt the beeswax, shea butter, coconut or olive oil and honey in a small stainless steel pot over very low heat or in a small glass bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir it consistently till completely melted. Remove the mixture from heat and quickly add the essential oils, vitamin E and lipstick (or keep the mixture above the hot water whilst adding) to prevent it from hardening almost immediately.
Whisk the mixture to ensure that the ingredients are well incorporated, then transfer into your lip balm containers or tubes and let it solidify.
You might also like:
- IkejaElectric: Manage All Your Electricity Account In One Click
- DIY: How To Make Popsicles At Home
- DIY: 10 Things You Can Do With Lemons
- DIY: Ideas For Homemade Furniture Polish