Two of the most important phrases for me in the Bible are, “He is…” and “You are” where God is concerned, explicit or implied. The words that follow these phrases are affirmations and declarations of the character of God as revealed through His prophets and His acts. Only when you know the God with Whom you have to do, can you truly and confidently say, “I know who I have believed, and I am persuaded that He is able…”
Here are just 20 things Scripture establishes about God:
1. He is our God in heaven, Jehovah Elohim Bashayim.
Joshua 2:11– And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.
2. He is the God of gods, the mighty, powerful, strong One over all: Jehovah El Elohim.
Joshua 22:22- The LORD God of gods, the LORD God of gods, He knoweth, and Israel He shall know; if it be in rebellion, or if in transgression against the Lord, (save us not this day).
3. He is the God of our praise, Jehovah Elohei Tehillati.
Psalm 109:1- Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise.
4. He is the God of truth, Jehovah El Emeth.
Psalm 31:5- Into thine hand, I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
5. He is the Lord of armies, God of hosts; Jehovah Sabaoth!
Psalm 59:5- Thou, therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
6. He is the Most High God, Jehovah El Elyon.
Genesis 14:22 – But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have raised my hand to the Lord, God Most High, the Possessor of heaven and earth…
7. He is God our “provide”, Jehovah Jireh.
Genesis 22:14- And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah Jireh: as it is said to this day, in the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.
8. He is the faithful God, Jehovah El Emunah.
Deuteronomy 7:9- Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.
9. He is the living God, Elohim Chayim.
Joshua 3:10- And Joshua said, Hereby ye shall know that the living God is among you, and that he will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Hivites, and the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Jebusites.
10. He is the God of recompense, Jehovah El Gemuwal.
Jeremiah 51:56 – Because the plunderer comes against her, against Babylon, and her mighty men are taken. Every one of their bows is broken; For the Lord is the God of recompense, He will surely repay.
11. He is the God of mercy, Elohei Chasdi.
Psalm 59:17– To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; For God is my defense, my God of mercy.
12. He is the Holy God, Elohim Kedoshim.
Joshua 24:19 – But Joshua said to the people, “You cannot serve the Lord, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins…”
13. He is God our refuge, Elohim Machase Lanu.
Psalm 62:8- Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.
14. He is the God of Glory, El Hakabodh.
Psalm 29:3- The voice of the LORD is over the waters; The God of glory thunders; The LORD is over many waters.
15. He is the Everlasting God, Jehovah El Olam.
Psalm 48:14- For this is God, Our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.
16. He is God our Helper, Elohim Ozer Li.
Psalm 54:4- Behold, God is my helper; The LORD is with those who uphold my life.
17. He is God our Rock, Jehovah El Sali.
2 Samuel 22:47- “The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let God be exalted; The Rock of my salvation!
18. He is Almighty God, El Shaddai.
Genesis 17:1- When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.
19. He is the God of Israel, El Elohe Yisrael.
Genesis 33:20- And he erected there an altar, and called it EleloheIsrael.
20. He is the God of our salvation, Jehovah Elohim Yeshua.
Psalm 88:1- O lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee.
And indeed He is our salvation, for He came down to earth and put on human flesh; Jehovah Ben Elohim (Matthew 16:16), the Son of God who went to the cross and paid for our sins with His blood. We celebrate His death, burial, and resurrection this season and always!
You might also like:
- Do You Know Nigeria’s Oldest Degree Awarding Theological Institution?
- Do You Know? Jeremiah Aluwong And The LightWK Team
- It Is ‘In Jesus’ Name’ And Not ‘ijn’
- Let’s Talk About the Beauty Who Was Married to a Beast
Leave a Reply