If you run an agri-business and you’re looking to export your products to new markets abroad, here’s an opportunity that could enable you to do so.
Nourishing Africa, in collaboration with Riby and the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC), has organized a program aimed at equipping Nigerian youth interested in the export of agricultural produce. The program– the Youth in Agri-Food Export Development Program (YAEDP), is designed to enable young agri-business entrepreneurs and cooperative leaders to participate in the export sector.
Through the YAEDP, agri-businesspeople will receive digital support, and be provided with linkages to markets. The program will last for six months and will include online training which will take place for six to eight weeks.
The YAEDP is organized by the Nourishing Africa Hub, a platform that helps entrepreneurs with the data, access to funding, route to market, and talent they need to scale their business.
Applicants accepted into the program will benefit from it in the following ways:
- Having their capacities developed, and enabling them to run their businesses more efficiently.
- Learn how the export business works.
- Be provided with market linkages.
Entrepreneurs and co-operative leaders who intend to apply for this program are expected to meet these conditions:
Be a Nigerian aged between 25 and 40 years old
- Be interested in exporting their products.
- Have their business located in one of these states: Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Oyo, Ogun, Cross River, Abia, Kogi, and Adamawa.
- Must produce and/or sell food products in one of these value chains: Cocoa, Cassava, Soybean, Cashew, Shea butter, Ginger, and Rubber.
- Business must have been functional for at least one year.
Note: Women and under-represented youth (such as people with disability) are encouraged to apply.
Applications are expected to be completed in one session. They cannot be saved to be continued at a later date. Submitted applications cannot be edited. In view of these, applicants are advised to be cautious when applying for the program.
The deadline for application is April 30, 2022.
If you would like to apply for the Youth In Agri-Food Export Development Program 2022, click here.Featured Image Source: Scholarship Update
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- The Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Program for Nigerian Graduates
- Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria, Second Week of February 2023
- The UNDP Growth Stage Impact Ventures (GSIV) for Businesses
- Google Startup Accelerator for Women Founders