The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) invites early-stage startups that are developing clean, tech-driven solutions to the world’s energy need to apply for its Global CleanTech Innovation Program (GCIP).
UNIDO aims for this program to enable the development of CleanTech ecosystems in developing and emerging economies. It sees this as key to driving such economies to an environmentally sustainable future, something that’s become more pressing in the face of the threat that climate change poses.
This program is funded by the Global Environment Facility, an environment-focused financial organization that finances projects related to climate change, biodiversity and other sustainable causes.
Startups that the UNIDO selects to take part in the CleanTech program will benefit from it in the following ways:
- Connect and collaborate with large CleanTech companies across the world.
- Take part in capacity-building sessions facilitated by experts in CleanTech and innovative business.
- The chance to scale their CleanTech solution beyond their national boundaries (Nigeria).
- Get access to capital through Venture Capital (VC) firms and other financial institutions.
- Receive support from mentors and industry experts.
- Get national and global recognition for the work they do.
The organizers of this program will accept entries from applicants who meet these conditions:
- Early stage CleanTechstartup with an existing product—either a prototype or product in the market.
- They must belong to one of these categories: renewable energy, waste beneficiation, energy efficiency, green buildings, advanced materials and chemicals, and transportation.
- You must have a strong team made up of persons with complementary skills.
Applications will remain open until July 21, 2022.
Featured Image Source: Opportunity Desk
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- Google Startup Accelerator for Women Founders
- 2023 Savvy Global Fellowship for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs
- Renmoney Wants to Hire a Legal Intern
- Apply for the Sahara Group 2023 Graduate Management Trainee Program