If you are a young woman looking to build a career in tech, here’s a chance for you to begin your journey. You can apply for the She Code Africa Mentoring Program (SCAMP). Organizers of this initiative have designed it to help young African women to learn the ropes in tech by connecting them with experienced and successful women in various tech fields.
Persons whom organizers select will participate in one of three learning tracks:
- Software Engineering: including frontend, backend, mobile development, cross-platform development, software testing, and cybersecurity
- Product: including product design and product management
- Data: data science
Persons who participate in this program will benefit from it in the following ways:
- Learn from experienced mentors who are women with successful tech careers
- Be inspired by their mentors to break through the tech glass ceiling
- Develop skills that will make them top candidates for hire in the market for tech talent
Prospective participants should meet these conditions:
- Must be a part of the She Code Africa community (they can sign up on the website linked here) and be active members there
- Must have done some learning in their preferred field prior to applying for this program
- Should have a functional and reliable laptop
- Should be willing to devote at least an hour a day to being mentored
How The Program Will Unfold
Persons who apply will either get an acceptance or rejection mail. The organizers of the program will add successful applicants to a slack channel and pair them with a mentor and teammates.
Over the following three months, participants will learn from their mentors via an approved learning path. They will also take part in monthly assessments.
In order to complete the program, mentees will have to publish a project they have worked on during the program. They may also have to either publish a technical article or speak publicly on a technical theme.
The top mentees will receive a course from a learning platform (which SCA selects) and will take on a junior mentor role in SCA.
Applications will remain open until June 19, 2022.
If you would like to apply for the She Code Africa Mentoring Program, click here.Featured Image Source: Opportunities for Africans
Got a suggestion? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
- The LSETF Digital Skills Nigeria Training Program 2023
- Data Breach Epidemic in Africa: Nigeria Takes the Lead with a 64% Increase
- Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria, Fourth Week of May 2023
- The Google for Startups Africa Cloud Credits Program
Leave a Reply