The African Export–Import Bank (AFREXIM Bank) is seeking applications from undergraduate and postgraduate students who want to become its interns. Persons who fit this profile and are eager to gain valuable skills and knowledge en route to a career in international finance are encouraged to apply.
AFREXIM Bank exists to support trade between entities within Africa, and between commercial interests from the continent and trade partners outside of it. The bank’s shareholders include African governments and private and institutional investors from within and beyond Africa.
Persons who AFREXIM Bank recruits as its interns will work under the guidance of its experienced personnel, and gain insight into what it takes to work at one of Africa’s most important multilateral financial institutions.
AFREXIM Bank’s interns will benefit from this program in the following ways:
- Receive a monthly stipend of $800 (tax-free) which will cover living costs
- Have return fare transport costs fully covered by the bank
- Get accommodation at a hotel that the bank chooses for a week during the induction period
- Get relevant visa that they may need for the duration of the internship if needed
- Transfer to the hotel on arrival at the start of the program and from it at the end of the program
This internship opportunity is open to people who meet these criteria:
- Be students enrolled in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study programs in a reputable institution of higher learning
- Candidates should be studying in one of these fields: Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Law, Social Sciences, Statistics, or other disciplines related to these
- Must be a citizen of one of the bank’s members countries
- Should be aged between 20 and 32 as of the time they apply for the internship
- Must be fluent in English or French; a decent grasp of Arabic and Portuguese will be an added advantage
Note: AFREXIM will not accept children of its staff as interns.
The Application Process
Applicants should complete the online application form and provide these items:
- Letter of application
- A copy of their current CV
- Certified copies of academic certificates
- A copy of a valid passport
- A recommendation for internship from the institution in which they are studying; it should indicate the proposed period of internship (a maximum of six months)
- Statement of intent, contained in one A4 page (maximum), including what they believe they will gain from the internship program
If you would like to apply for the AFREXIM Bank Internship Program, click here.Featured Image Source: iHarare Jobs
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- The LSETF Digital Skills Nigeria Training Program 2023
- Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria, Fourth Week of May 2023
- The Google for Startups Africa Cloud Credits Program
- NerdzFactory DigiGap Program 2023 for Young Nigerians
Leave a Reply