Read more about Opportunities The Flourish Africa Grant for Female Entrepreneurs is an initiative of the Nigerian entrepreneur and philanthropist Folorunsho Alakija. It is aimed at promoting and strengthening the businesses of African women and raising change makers from among women on the continent. The program consists of a ₦1 billion fund which, over a five-year period, will support African female-owned businesses.
- Throughout the five-year period for which the Fund will last, about 2,500 women will receive training and funding that will empower them to succeed as entrepreneurs.
- In 2023, at least 500 women will learn business and life skills. The top 100 women from this number will get funding of up to ₦2 million, which will be drawn from an annual pool of ₦200 million.
- In addition, participants will get the chance to engage facilitators and other forward-looking entrepreneurs and build relationships that may eventually benefit them.
Sign up for the Connect Nigeria daily newsletter
EligibilityApplicants should meet these criteria:
- Must be female and aged between 18 and 50 years
- Must own their business; if the business is co-owned by a man, the woman should have at least a 51% ownership stake in it
- Business should be in its startup phase
- The business must be located in Lagos, Abuja, or Port Harcourt
- Applicants must be able to access the program via an internet-enabled device and attend virtual sessions over a 4-month period
Register to attend the CN Business Mixer
The deadline for applications is January 29, 2023. If you would like to apply for the Flourish Africa Grant for Female Entrepreneurs, you can do so HERE. Featured Image Source: This Day Live
Got a suggestion? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- Google Startup Accelerator for Women Founders
- 2023 Savvy Global Fellowship for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs
- Renmoney Wants to Hire a Legal Intern
- Apply for the Sahara Group 2023 Graduate Management Trainee Program