Read more about Tech
But there have surely been times in which you have received WhatsApp messages that were subsequently deleted by the sender, and you’ve wondered what its details were. Well…speculate no more. Here, we’ll walk you through three ways you can read WhatsApp messages even if they’ve been ‘Deleted for Everyone’.
Method One: Tweak Notification HistoryIf you use an Android phone, you can gain access to seemingly erased WhatsApp messages through your Notification History—if you have it turned on. Here’s how to do that, in five steps:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Choose ‘Apps and Notifications’ from the Settings menu.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Select ‘Notification History’.
- Turn on ‘Use Notification History’.
Method Two: Use a Message Recovery AppThere are several apps that allow you to recover and read deleted text. You should find them on your app store. One of them is ‘Get Deleted Messages’. Use it by following these brief steps:
- Download the ‘Get Deleted Messages’ from the Google Play Store.
- Grant permissions requested by the app (including permission to run in the background and access your phone’s notification and storage).
- Whenever a WhatsApp message is deleted, you can open the Get Deleted Messages app to view the removed text.
Method Three: WhatsApp BackupThis is by far the most cumbersome of the three options we’re discussing here. But it’s worth trying if you want to collect several deleted messages from various senders at once. Here’s how to go about it:
- Launch WhatsApp and go to ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Chats’.
- Choose ‘Chat Backup’.
- Select ‘Back up Now’ to back up your chats.
- Uninstall WhatsApp on your phone.
- Reinstall WhatsApp on your phone.
- Log in to your WhatsApp account.
- Accept the prompt to restore your chats from a backup.
- Choose the backup that contains the deleted messages you want to read.
- After the restoration is completed, you can read the previously deleted messages.
Final WordsSometimes you wish you were able to discover the contents of a deleted message. They could be trivial, or they may prove consequential. You can try any of the three methods we’ve talked about here to find out. Featured Image Source: Expat Guide Turkey
Did you find this article useful? Contact us: email@example.com
You might also like:
- The Path to Securing U.S. Funders for Your Nigerian Tech Startup
- Effective Distribution Strategies for Tech Startups in Nigeria
- 6 AgriTech Business Ideas Nigerian Entrepreneurs Can Explore
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Nigeria’s PropTech Industry